Expert fitness and performance nutrition specialist Anthony Moscardelli answers all of your questions in his “Ask the Expert” segment on the ScullyFit site. Submit your questions for Anthony by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Question: What are the benefits of resistance training?
1. Beginning a structured resistance training program has the proven ability to build muscular strength and development.
2. Resistance training aids in building a stronger bones. As we age, absent some form of resistance training, we each, at some playing in our lives, will begin to experience a loss in bone density which unfortunately could lead to certain debilitative conditions such as hip fractures and osteoporosis.
3. Research has shown that between the ages of 32 and 50 our body naturally loses upward of 10% of its muscle mass. By the age of 60, that number is likely to double. Resistance training will reverse that probability.
4. A strength training program can allow us to regain certain useful levels of flexibility.
5. Resistance training leads to a stronger healthier heart. A strong, healthy heart is associated with lower levels of cholesterol, triglycerides, high blood pressure, stroke and heart attacks are also diminished greatly.
6. Strength training increases the bodies ability to keep insulin levels in check. It has also been proven to prevent or reverse certain life-threatening diseases like diabetes.
7. The use of weights for resistance training enhances the bodies ability to reduce oxidative stress and cellular damage, it has also been proven to lower the risk of developing certain types of cancer.
1. Strength or resistance training has a profound effect on boost in confidence and self-esteem.
2. Strength training allows us to better cope with life stressors.
3. Strength training provides for a better quality of sleep.
4. Resistance training is a natural mood elevator, which has been proven to boost overall cognitive function in the brain.
Content courtesy of Anthony Moscardelli.
Anthony Moscardelli is a seasoned fitness and performance nutrition specialist. He offers mobile personal training services and group fitness for all ages, abilities, and goals. His mission is to help set people on their way to living a fit, healthy, and happy lifestyle. His unique training methods will not only keep you engaged and energized, but will keep you guessing what he might come up with next!
To discuss taking the next step in reaching your health and fitness goals, contact Anthony at (215) 970-6799 or email@example.com